Friday, 16 September 2016

Bakri Eid controversy

I am a bit befuddled by the entire controversy around Bakri Eid. I can understand the angst of the vegans who are against animal cruelty but I see a lot of my meat eating brethren who otherwise have no issues wolfing down a mutton biryani on any other day taking up cudgels for slaughtering the goats!

Why this change of heart on this specific day?The slaughter is not going waste because it is going to be food at the end of the day.Its a bit hypocritical on the part of the meat eating brigade to suddenly act queasy on this particular day.

Just posting grotesque pictures on social media is not going to absolve you of animal cruelty on other days.I wonder what about the chicken slaughters which are offered as sacrifice in certain parts of India?Why no love for them? Are they of less importance compared to goats?

I think as of now, if you are a meat lover, you cannot be selective in your love for animals...If you eat chicken, then you have no right to criticize anyone who eats beef or pork!

Live and let live guys....as for the vegans...I wish i was so strong so as to give up meat but its too important a part of my dietary make up....but never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment